an image can be a thousand words
As I was sorting through the images that my students took, I found this one. It is just a simple and quick picture that was snapped in a split second, without me even realizing it.... but, its presence has been cathartic and calming for me. Through this image, I am able to transport myself back to that instant toward the end of the journey, where I was in a very different place than when I arrived. My critical eye has analysis written all over it. My non-verbals are baring my true emotion; guarded, yet yearning for more, for a deeper understanding and awareness of it all. I simply found myself not being able to keep my eyes peeled enough through this journey. The fear of missing something pertinent or something that would connect the dots on in a theoretical perspective kept me hyper sensitive through the entire trip. In this picture I see anger, resentment, hope, fulfillment and inspiration.... to keep telling the stories of those who so openly embraced me in Guatemala.
1 comment:
That IS an incredible shot. Captures the moment that's for certain!!
Post a Comment