The big day of goose hunting! They limited out; this was mikey's first time ever limiting out with geese! He and I had gone scouting the night before, so I was equally excited to see that they had great luck. The only downer to the day was that it rained all morning, so they were completely soaked.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
life outside of academia
Believe it or not, sometimes we find time to enjoy life :) Here are some snapshots from recent adventures:
This picture of shadow has quite the story behind it. I had been playing Wii fit until wee hours of the morning (no pun intended), when I decided to run upstairs for a minute. I found the screen door open and all of the animals gone. Rubix and Jaz were at the end of the staircase and I was able to easily grab them. Shadow, however, decided to roam the area and didn't come home until codie coerced him back around 3:30 am when he got off work. Shads was covered in thorns and weeds and was soaking wet. Codie and I were laughing so hard that we had to take a picture :)
Mikey wants an airpopper.... so, rather than spending $20 he improvised and created one with his coffee roaster... oooohhh. engineers!



The big day of goose hunting! They limited out; this was mikey's first time ever limiting out with geese! He and I had gone scouting the night before, so I was equally excited to see that they had great luck. The only downer to the day was that it rained all morning, so they were completely soaked.
The big day of goose hunting! They limited out; this was mikey's first time ever limiting out with geese! He and I had gone scouting the night before, so I was equally excited to see that they had great luck. The only downer to the day was that it rained all morning, so they were completely soaked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey Ang....can't believe I forgot your B-DAY, so HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!! I am so sorry.
PS good to see all the exciting photos from "life outside of academia," we all need a break from the books from time to time
FYI....Did you know you can pop regular popcorn in the microwave using a lunch-sized paper bag? Scoop in 1/3 cup of kernels. Fold the top down a 1-2 times and staple each corner of the fold... make sure the staples are as far apart as possible. Microwave for a few minutes (our microwave takes about 2-2.5 minutes) and listen for the popping to slow to 1-2 seconds b/t pops.
becca
Post a Comment