Friday, August 21, 2009

I've been holding off...

to post until I uploaded my photos from San Francisco. But, I still have yet to upload those photos and it is now nearly two weeks later. I will do my best to get those darn photos uploaded soon... they really are fun :) A lot has happened since I last updated. I quit my job... I suppose that's the biggie. While in San Francisco, I had a revelation that made me realize that I needed to get back on track with my academics and ultimately, my thesis. My last day was August 14th. Since then, I have enjoyed doing a lot of reading, cleaning, and getting things back-on-track. I also have been putting in a few hours at NDSU to get prepped to start my assistantship again. I can't believe that we start school in only 4 days... where on Earth did this summer go? It's been nothing short of crazy. Beyond that though, we have had some recent visitors to the F-M that have been very nice! Michael's parents were here, as were his sister Serena and her husband Mike and their 5 little kids... :) And tonight, Jason (another of Michael's siblings) is coming with his family. We are really excited to see them... as it's been since their devastating fire in early November since I've seen them. I have been lax on taking photos to document all of these great visits... but, I will do my best to take some photos today/tonight when Jason and the fam. get here.
I also must pay homage to my day of substitue sitting for the owner of the Najmania blog. If you are a parent and want some laughs... you should check out this blog.. http://najmania.blogspot.com/ or, in my case if you just love reading about what it's really like to parent... you should check out this blog.. http://najmania.blogspot.com/ I am always laughing when I read it... But, the day with those boys was great. I really enjoyed them thoroughly and even though the youngest little guy got in trouble for not being nice to me, I really think he was just doing what was natural, testing his waters with the new authority figure. I enjoyed myself completely and am excited to make a return appearnace to their household.

Michael and I are currently enjoying the luxuries of heaven... yes, that's right.. we have discovered heaven on Earth. We haven't had much time to spend together due to my long hours working with the campaign and with trying to get things back in order before all the family came to town, so we decided to check ourselves into the Staybrdige Suites hotel last night. Little did we know, that we were entering heaven on Earth. You see, this isn't your average hotel; this is something much, much more. They serve dinner. Yes, you read that right... They serve dinner, and all-you-can-drink free beer and wine... Yup, you read that right again. They also have unlimited fountain soda, milk, coffee, and juice. As if that's not enough, they have a swimming pool, jaccuzzi, sauna, in-room kitchenette, down comforter and pillows, tv on a swivel stand (so it can be turned in all sorts of directions), a breakfast BUFFET that included bacon, and of course, WIFI internet. Oh, and did I mention that we were thoroughly blown away by all of this? Well, we were and still are. We have really enjoyed spending some time together and it is allowing us to recharge our symbolic batteries before school gets up and going again... in four days.... !!!

But, Michael is watching animal planet and pleaing that we make a return appearance to the pool... so, with that, I hope you're doing well and I will work on getting those photos up soon!

No comments: