Tuesday, July 1, 2008

birthdays and best friends!



today is my papa's big 50th birthday! It's been really fun to be home to actually celebrate his birthday with him! I'm usually giving him his greetings via the phone. Beyond the birthday celebration, I've been reading books that have been on my "to read" list for quite some time now. I just finished the book, "Piece of Cake" by Cupcake Brown. If you're looking for some good summer reading, you should check this book out. It's an incredible read that will make you realize all you've taken for granted during your lifetime!

Things back in Williston have again taken sometime to get used to. It's been 94 degrees the last days and the mosquitoes are so ferocious that I find myself having to actually coax my conscious to go outdoors. I got to see my pops fog for bugs last night... and I have to say that it was hilarious to see him with the huge breathing mask over his face.

Today I booked my ticket to go see my great friend Jessica get married in October. I can hardly wait to see her again. You see, we became the best of friends while we lived in Germany together. I can't imagine how I would have gotten through the year without her! So, when she asked me to be in her wedding party, I could hardly say yes fast enough. She was in my wedding and to be asked to return the favor absolutely made my day. She is about the furthest thing from bridezilla as she actually let me pick out my own bridesmaid dress... which I've attached a picture of. This being my the first wedding that I've ever been in (other than my own), I think I am going to be spoiled. The wedding is at a resort on Lake Tahoe in Nevada. I'm so excited to get to experience this special day with her!

I've also attached a picture of me holding tyler and megan's little bundle of joy who happens to also be named angela :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good One Angela, ya REALLY SURPRIZED YER DADDY-IN-LAW